
FAMILY PROJECT
This is the new family find. We had a day of what we call "treasure hunting", and this was one of our finds. Becky found the chair hiding among the school band sale stuff. They were willing to make $10 for the band, and we had our new treasure. We had a time getting it to the truck though. We put it on the wagon, and the girls rode on the throne, all the way to the truck. I started working on it, planning to use the trusty paint stripper gun, only to find out that is why they call it a paint stripper gun, as it doesn't work too well on stained furniture. I then went to the old method of the smelly, liquid stuff. As this chair had not been touched in 30 years or so, the finish came off fairly well. Just the old paint it on, scrape it off, and do it a
ll over again routine. Good old work.
Bryan and Becky shopped for new fabric to cover the cushions. They picked a black leather, and have sent them off to be recovered. That is one job I am not the best at. I can do chair bottoms, and a little recovering, but not a major job. Always call in the professionals when you need them.
While stripping the chair we found a name plate on the bottom. The manufacturer was the Cushmam Co. It is a "Cushman Colonial Collection # 1108". Bryan did a little research about the company, but we don't know about this particular chair. I will bring you pictures as we progress with the FAMILY PROJECT.
This is the new family find. We had a day of what we call "treasure hunting", and this was one of our finds. Becky found the chair hiding among the school band sale stuff. They were willing to make $10 for the band, and we had our new treasure. We had a time getting it to the truck though. We put it on the wagon, and the girls rode on the throne, all the way to the truck. I started working on it, planning to use the trusty paint stripper gun, only to find out that is why they call it a paint stripper gun, as it doesn't work too well on stained furniture. I then went to the old method of the smelly, liquid stuff. As this chair had not been touched in 30 years or so, the finish came off fairly well. Just the old paint it on, scrape it off, and do it a
ll over again routine. Good old work.Bryan and Becky shopped for new fabric to cover the cushions. They picked a black leather, and have sent them off to be recovered. That is one job I am not the best at. I can do chair bottoms, and a little recovering, but not a major job. Always call in the professionals when you need them.
While stripping the chair we found a name plate on the bottom. The manufacturer was the Cushmam Co. It is a "Cushman Colonial Collection # 1108". Bryan did a little research about the company, but we don't know about this particular chair. I will bring you pictures as we progress with the FAMILY PROJECT.
No comments:
Post a Comment